Friday, January 21, 2011

Talk about...well...Talk!

Communication is more than the words we utter or the words we use when we put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. There are several sights out there that discuss communication, one such sight, http://uwe.keller.supersized.org/archives/2-Effective-Communication.html is the topic of this post.
The afore mentioned blog discusses the act of effectively communicating. In reading through this blog, several questions were put to me:
  •       What are the effective elements on this blog?
  •       What are some effective elements highlighted on the article?
  •       Which portions of this blog may you incorporate into your blog? Why?

 Effective Elements


In answering the first, I can only say, it was a simple blog. The blog page itself didn’t offer any frills or thrills but quite simply had a post, a place for comments, a post archive and not much else. The simplicity made it a place to focus on what was being said without much distraction. However, it also left me feeling as if I wanted to read and then move on to other more interesting things.

Highlighted Elements of a good blog



In regard to the second question, the article itself was fairly interesting and provided me with information which tended to lead me down a path of wondering how often I leave communication situations with a less than positive attitude. The writer, Uwe, seems to actually be interested in presentations given effectively, which requires knowing how to effectively communicate. The author addresses his having done many presentations wrong and that he is looking to improve and perhaps help others along the way. For me, this is a great element of blogging. Being able to put down one’s personal short comings makes it more real for the reader and allows for a connection on some level. This answers a portion of question three.

Incorprating Elements


I believe when adding posts to my blog, I will be sure to keep it real. It is important to have technical information but in blogging, I feel it is just as important to give readers a chance to connect with me. The element of “I do not always do it right” is one that offered just such a connection and an element of my posts that I plan to integrate!

Moving forward in Communication

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment